Meyer Truck Equipment is growing and we are looking for Truck/Van Equipment Installers to join our incredible team.
Installers help customers get the most out of their vehicles by outfitting trucks and vans with bodies, equipment, and accessories, such as bed covers/toppers, cranes, lighting, lift kits, shelving, racks/bins, power inverters, bumpers, grille guards, winches, snowplows/salt spreaders, and a whole lot more. Installers are troubleshooting wizards who are able to work effectively in a shop atmosphere with little oversight or guidance while churning out quality work.
Who you are
- Doesn’t mind getting dirt under their nails and grease on their shirt
- Is organized and has great attention to detail
- Knows the difference between a wrench and a ratchet
- Takes pride in the quality of their work
- Can lift a truck battery without throwing out your back
- Can take stuff apart and put it back together
- Is self-motivated and able to work effectively with others in a shop atmosphere
- Isn’t going to electrocute themselves because they are afraid to ask for help
- Is able to troubleshoot and read electrical diagrams
- Knows how to weld or would be willing to get an AWS certification
- Has knowledge of hydraulics (1-3 years experience preferred but not required)
If you are as passionate about trucks as we are, then you should go ahead and hit that apply button.
Vocational degree preferred, but also not required.
Who we are
Since 1937, Meyer Truck Equipment has been Indiana’s leader in truck equipment sales and service. We represent only the best manufacturers, including Knapheide, CM, Henderson, Crysteel, Maxon, and Stahl. With locations 3 locations across Indiana (Jasper, Evansville, Indianapolis), we employ over 50 individuals dedicated to superior service and quality.
We cater to commercial clients, as well as retail customers, offering the ability to design and customize an entire fleet or outfit one pick-up. We handle everything from concept to installation, making Meyer a one-stop shop for all transportation solutions. We specialize in trucks, vans, and Jeeps, providing everything from bodies to accessories.
For over 85 years, Meyer Truck Equipment has been helping folks work smarter, not harder. It’s our promise to “make your truck work for you.”
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- 401K with employer match
- Life insurance
- Employee discounts
- Performance reviews/bonuses
- Daytime hours/no weekends
- Optional overtime availability
- Uniforms and uniform care
JOB TYPE: Full-time
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
$17.00 – $23.00 per hour. Pay is based upon experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and consider all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.